“I find setting aside time to be thinking deeply about bigger things beyond my routine business tasks to be one of the most valuable things that I can do these days.” Brice Gump
It’s easy to get caught up in tasks, emails and the day to day routine of running your business. It’s important to remember to make time for actual high-level, strategic thinking!
This is where you can really strategize about your company (and life) as a whole.
How is it running? Where is it going? Do I like my clients? How should I be spending my time?
Some of the most important decisions, insights, and realizations are known to take place when you actually take a step back and go deep.
In this episode, Brice and Mike discuss how to actually schedule thinking time in your calendar and make it a priority for yourself. They also provide tips for how to structure thinking time and use it to build a life and business with intention.
All of this and more in this episode. Check out the show notes below to follow along.
- The importance of setting aside time to think about big picture things (0:43)
- Scheduling “thinking time” into your calendar and protecting that time (2:27)
- Thinking deeply allows you to build yourself and your business with intention (3:08)
- Utilizing project management software as an aid to scheduled thinking time (4:42)
- The power of asking specific questions that need to be answered (7:24)
- Using outside resources (books, podcasts) to guide thinking time (8:25)
- Recognizing internal signals that suggest thinking time is required (9:56)
PEOPLE / RESOURCES MENTIONED
LET’S CONNECT ONLINE!
- Join The Building It Online Community
- Brice Gump — Major Impact Media | Connect with Brice on Facebook
- Mike Sebastian — Outside ROI | Connect with Mike on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts to share the love!