Douglas Levin has one of the most unique entries into online work that we’ve heard so far.
His story is really great because he walks us through each step of his process from making $18,000 per year as a musician to owning a private label brand.
His first area of online work is selling stuff from his closet on Amazon.
Shortly after that, he started to resell products from Walmart, even going on multi-day excursions wherein he stockpiles these products to resell at great margins. Eventually, he finds this arbitrage model to be too unstable and starts to make more exclusive deals with manufacturers.
His first exclusive deal, selling an energy drink, is great until a $25,000 mistake (listen to hear what it is).
That brings him to having his own private label. This is where Doug is now and what he finds the most enjoyment in.
Check out the show notes below to follow along with this fascinating conversation.
- Doug’s background and how he got into the online business space (0:54)
- Doug’s first business selling products on Amazon (5:01)
- The journey from selling personal products on Amazon to the arbitrage method (9:14)
- Moving from the arbitrage model to the wholesale marketing model for online business (16:00)
- The challenges of arbitrage selling and wholesale marketing (25:13)
- Using chatbots for building community in your online business (29:17)
- Looking to the future and sharing experience with others to help them grow (31:44)
PEOPLE / RESOURCES MENTIONED
LET’S CONNECT ONLINE!
- Join The Building It Online Community
- Brice Gump — Major Impact Media | Connect with Brice on Facebook
- Mike Sebastian — Outside ROI | Connect with Mike on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts to share the love!