“I feel like for a lot of business owners, hiring a marketing agency is like being sent to the store to buy an avocado. Not only do you not know which avocados are good but you don’t even really know what an avocado is!” Mike Sebastian
Hiring staff is hard work. Hiring a marketing agency is even harder.
The partnership that you form when hiring someone (or some team) to manage all of your public-facing advertisements is VERY IMPORTANT. You must make sure that the expectations you set are accurate & specific.
Brice and Mike have both worked with clients that were perfect matches, as well as with those who were not. It’s much better for all parties involved to learn whether or not the partnership will be a good fit before signing an agreement together.
By the end of this episode, you will know what to expect when hiring an agency for your business and how to make sure you find a great agency to work with (not a crappy one!)
Take what we pack into this episode and make it your own to eliminate some headaches in your future.
Check out the show notes below to follow along.
- The importance of doing your homework and finding an agency experienced with the specific needs you have (2:11)
- Making sure you end up with an experienced individual and not a newbie (4:51)
- Establishing a coherent and shared vision with the agency / individual you are working with (7:46)
- Why it’s SO IMPORTANT that you OWN YOUR DATA and all the work you do with an agency (10:49)
- Creating crystal-clear expectations around your relationship to ensure it is a smooth-sailing experience (14:21)
- The role of the business owner in the relationship with an agency (16:46)
PEOPLE / RESOURCES MENTIONED
LET’S CONNECT ONLINE!
- Join The Building It Online Community
- Brice Gump — Major Impact Media | Connect with Brice on Facebook
- Mike Sebastian — Outside ROI | Connect with Mike on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts to share the love!