“So often business is about timing. You can have a million great ideas, but if the timing isn’t right, they might not work out too well.” Toni Desrosiers
By now, you’ve probably heard of Abeego.
Abeego is a Canadian company founded by Toni Desrosiers. Abeego targets the issue of food waste in the world. They specialize in keeping food alive by means of plastic-free wrapping.
Mike sits down to chat with Toni about how her company got started. Together, they chat about how difficult it is to start a company when a recession hits. They discuss how Abeego scaled to the point of having their product in stores across the world. They also talk about some of the ins and outs of running a business including advice for people who are getting started.
If you’ve never heard of Abeego, be sure to tune into this episode. Better yet, check out their website, their products and the way they are challenging the issues of food waste and use of plastics around the world.
Check out the show notes below to follow along.
- Intro to Toni and the start of the Abeego company (0:27)
- The struggle of the early days (years!) of starting a company that can scale (4:19)
- How Abeego is different today compared to when it first started (6:11)
- Biggest difficulties or lightbulb moments in business (8:50)
- How Toni got into scaling her business across the world (10:49)
- Misconceptions around business (11:57)
- Advice for people who are getting started in business (15:23)
PEOPLE / RESOURCES MENTIONED
CONNECT WITH TONI
LET’S CONNECT ONLINE!
- Join The Building It Online Community
- Brice Gump — Major Impact Media | Connect with Brice on Facebook
- Mike Sebastian — Outside ROI | Connect with Mike on Facebook
If you enjoy the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts to share the love!